Apple-Onion Pastured Pork Roast
- 1 boneless Pork Butt (a Butt Roast is the top portion of the shoulder)
- 2 large onions, halved and sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apple jelly (I use our home-made crab apple sauce)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
Arrange onion slices in the bottom of a large slow cooker. Wash the roast and pat dry; leave it in its netting and place on the onions. Combine remaining ingredients in a cup; pour over the roast. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours. Turn to LOW and cook for 6 to 8 hours longer.
Serves 6 to 8.